Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wise Woman: Kimberly Heil

Artist and Wise Woman: Kimberly Heil


I asked Wise Woman Society Member, soul-o-preneur, and intuitive artist, Kimberly Heil to tell us about how she became a soul-o-preneur, her challenges, and triumphs. Here are her wise words...



When did you first want to be in business for yourself?  
Thinking back, I feel that it was always inside of me. I was very creative as a child and would think up creative ways to sell what I made from asking grandparents, going door-to-door, and even setting up a stand in front of my house.

What is the biggest saboteur in your business?
The biggest saboteur in my business has to be procrastination, especially with the computer/operation side of my business. I'm not a techie so these things are challenging for me at times. I get stressed. Then I procrastinate. Now I recognize the procrastination and shift how I approach the problem. I am learning to ask for help when I need it, which seems to take the pressure off of having to know how to do everything.

What piece of advice do you have for other Soul-o-preneurs?
Keep reaching for your dreams, creating, and sharing your gifts. Ask for help when you need it. Connect to your gift, dive deeper, and keep moving forward. We, as artists and soul-o-preneurs, are constantly learning about ourselves in every thing we do from creating art to doing the computer stuff. We learn what works and what doesn't, where to expand or when to contract. We take risks and fail. We try again and succeed. All of this is so important to the process of bringing our gifts to the world. We build resiliency. The more we experience and explore our gifts, the more we bring to our work. It may not be spoken, but I believe that these experiences are the threads that connect our clients to our work.  ( I know. I'm getting deep…lol)

What is your superpower?

If I had a superpower, I would love the ability to fly. I would go on daily adventures to see new places, explore different cultures, and share my art with the world.

Gifts of Spirit: available on Amazon!

What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
My most important business accomplishment this year has to be that I wrote, illustrated, and self-published my very first children's book. It was a dream of mine for years. I am so excited that it has been birthed out into the world. The book is titled Gifts of Spirit, animals and their natural gifts. Currently, it is available on Amazon. I created this book to help foster creative conversations and connections between adults and children. As an interactive book, questions are posed at the end of each page to help the parent and child explore the animal's gifts. It also promotes creative thinking in regards to your personal values and helps you gain deeper insight into your own gifts.

Right now I am gearing up for a book signing and author tour with some local schools in my area, as well as painting daily for several local art events.

About Kimberly:
Kimberly Heil is an artist, art therapist, and a reiki master. Her passion for art therapy helps others find healing through rediscovering their creativity and authentic voice. She explores art through the use of bright, bold colors, layers of texture, and her intuitive guidance. Kim is enchanted by nature and her love of travel. She is a creative alchemist blending art and healing, a warrior for sacred expression, and a space holder for deep personal work. Deeply rooted in her ancestral lineage, Kim honors Mother Earth, (her resources and the gifts of animals). You can see more of her work at: http://kimberlyheil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment