Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, February 11, 2016

8 Ways to Create Sacred Space in Your Business

8 Ways to Create Sacred Space in Your Business
Have you ever gotten to the point where nothing is working in your business, and you're ready to give up and quit? We've all been there, so don't despair.  I've found that when I get to that point I need a couple of things: 1. Self-care. I've probably forgotten to take some time for me. You can read my thoughts on that here or here. 2. Friends and Family. The other thing that seems to fall by the wayside when I'm focused on my Biz. I'm not saying it's right. It just happens. Both of these are easily remedied. 3. My office has become a dumping ground and is no longer sacred space. This is also easily remedied.

What is sacred space?
An environment that supports your needs, as well as your clients or customers, is sacred space. As the energies of a space mixed and mingle, they can get muddied causing icky feelings and a drop in sales. Yep, you read that right...drop in sales!

Here are 8 Ways to Create Sacred Space in your Biz:


1. Clean your office! Always keep your space clean and decluttered. I know this is easier said than done. However, a dirty and cluttered office or work space will stagnate not only your creativity, but your business abundance and prosperity, too.  At the end of your cleaning, give a little prayer, "Love and light enter this space. I ask that you make it a Sacred Space, a place of peace and love, a place that I can share with a full-heart for everyone's highest good."


2. Feng Shui your space (desk and office). Feng Shui (pronounced Fung Schway) is an ancient practice of arranging physical objects to attract positive energy. The energy directly affects your thoughts and moods. When your feng shui is done, you'll be able to feel the energy flowing in your sacred space. It will being to flow for your highest good. When I did this to my office, I found $50, got a new client, and a book deal all in the span of a few hours. It works. I talk about this technique in the E-book Rituals for Prosperity available as a bonus for the class Business Foundations.


3. Go smudge yourself.  Remember the old saying..."As within, so without." Cleansing and purifying the negative energies on you and in your office is imperative to have a business that supports you in a livelihood that is fun and profitable. Smudge with Sage smoke or by spritzing sage or sweet grass spray. Clapping in corners or ringing a glass bell can also help get rid of negative energies.

4. Make your desk an altar. Make an altar out of your desk or place where you work. Creating altars is an ancient practice to call-in that which you seek. What are you wanting to call in for your business: prosperity, abundance, love, or being seen and heard? Make your desk an amplifier of this spiritual energy. This means keeping it decluttered and putting everything away at the end of your work day. Add elements of prosperity: Stones like citrine, a Buffalo totem, or the color orange.


5. Sensualize your space. Use sound, scent, and nature to help move the energy around, as well as increase it. What sounds do you love? For me, it depends on what I'm doing. Is there a flower scent that you love or maybe an essential oil? Be sure to add that to your sacred space. I'm partial to gardenia.

6. Selectively choose what goes in your sacred space. Keep only those things that are useful and bring you joy. Everything else should go! It's really amazing that we need very little in business, but we think we "need." What need are you really trying to fill with that new gadget? Before you buy it or bring it into your sacred space, think about it for a few weeks before purchasing.


7. Remember your needs. What brings you comfort? What gives you that homey feeling? How do you work best? Creating a space that meets your personal needs and nourishes you throughout your workday and the daily pressures is a great way to uplift you and your business.


8.  Honor your space. This means your posture, too!  I'll admit it. I'm horrible at this! My space is sacred and has good energy, but I'm hunkered over the desk like I'm protecting the last piece of chocolate in the world. Sitting up and letting your heart-centered energy of love permeate your space adds to it's sacredness. Now, I have a daily reminder to sit up, get up from my desk and stretch, and take a deep breath. You can find the one I use here.

If you want to succeed and be happy in your life and business, increase the energy of your working space and empower your sacred space to support you. 

Tell me in the comments below what techniques you use to create a sacred space for your business. If you want more discussions like this one, check out the Wise Woman Society. 

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have been feeling the urge to clean and purge the house not just my office space. It makes such a difference when the energy is shifting. Thank you for the reminder that all space, including my office space, can be sacred. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes!!!!
    awesome post and guidelines
    sacred space is a must in my world!
    thank you!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm putting all of this advice to good use right now! Great list. Thanks, Heather!

    ReplyDelete