Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, July 14, 2016

6 Ways to Live a Life of Abundance

The Vision of an Ideal Life

 When I was in my 20s, I had a vision of being a stay-at-home Mom, where I would spend afternoons with the kids, make healthy meals for the family, tend a garden where most of our produce came from, and hang the laundry on the line to capture the soft breeze that blew over the meadow.

Idyllic, right? It didn't happen that way at all. Life rarely works out the way you envision. Don't get me wrong! There is nothing wrong with dreaming, but to get caught up in the details of this ideal future is an effort in futility. It also drags us down, creates stress, evokes anger and frustration, and keeps us stuck.

So, what do you do when you want a simple life with all the juicy details? Here is what I have discovered:


Live the life you want today

1. Live the life you want today. If you want a simple life, how can you live that life today? I couldn't be that stay-at-home Mom, but I could do some of the things I dreamed about. I hang laundry on the line. I have a small garden. I also make healthy meals for my little family. What can you do today to live the life that you want?

2. Don't get caught up in the details. The details are were we get stuck. We're so focused on that future vision that we forget that life is happening right now! That makes us angry and frustrated today, which adds stress. The Universe is a place of infinite possibilities. Be careful about getting so caught up and focused on the details that you miss the opportunities that will lead to something better than what you envisioned.

Be mindful of your choices

3. Be mindful of your choices. I often hear from people who want to write a book, paint a masterpiece, lose weight, or go on a grand adventure. The thing I hear most often, "I don't have the time." So, it's time for a little tough love. Yes, there is a limited amount of time each day, but we get to choose how we spend a majority of it. It may not seem like a choice, but it really is. For instance, you can watch TV or you can write your novel. You can go to bed early so you can get up early to go for a walk. If it's important to you, be mindful of the choices you are making.

"Get really real with yourself."

4. Watch for Fear. Fear is a great motivator or a great way to keep us stuck. Sometimes we unconsciously make decisions based on fear, but attach the decision to some other outside force. For instance, I couldn't be a stay-at-home Mom because I needed health insurance and a steady stream of income I had two little people looking to me to provide. All of the decisions I made were based in this fear that I took on from society and attributed to outside sources. I could have created a thriving business where I could work at home, but I made the choice, based in fear, to go a different route. Eh, you live and learn. If you make a decision like this, don't dwell on it. Look at your choices again and move forward.

All roads and all decisions lead you where you need to be for your highest good.

5. All roads lead you where you need to go. I don't like the premise of being "off path." Personally, I think this creates a lot of stress. I don't think you're ever off path. You may have made a decision that took you down a different road, but you are still on YOUR path. And all roads, based on decisions you've made, will lead you where you need to go for your highest good. With this thought, making decisions becomes less stressful. No matter what your decision, you are still heading in the direction you need to be going. I've taken some really funky roads in my life from moving to the Caribbean because I didn't want to leave from a vacation to leaving a perfectly good job of 15 years. All roads and all decisions lead you where you need to be for your highest good.

6. Stay in the present moment. This idea goes hand-in-hand with Number 1. The more you stay in the here and now, the simpler and less stressful your life will seem. If you find yourself drifting to the past (when you feel anger and frustration) or to the future (when you worry), it's time to take a moment for yourself. Close your eyes and breath deeply for a moment or two. Then, open your eyes and name everything in your immediate vicinity. This grounds you back into the present.

Are you being mindful?

Life is fun if you allow it be that. A life of abundance will mean different things to different people, but the process of getting there is the same. Look at your life. Are you being mindful of your choices? Are you getting caught up in the details? How can you stay in the present moment? What tools do you use to create a juicy life? Tell me in the comments below. I'll bring the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment