Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, February 25, 2016

5 Soulful Social Media Strategies

5 Soulful Social Media Strategies with Humpback Whale


I’ll be perfectly honest, and I know this is not a popular opinion, but I don’t like social media. In me, it brings up old wounds, shadows, and feelings of inadequacy, envy, and even overwhelm at times. It can be a HUGE distraction, too. Social media seems necessary if you want a successful business, and yet, there are those who have opted out. It gives this girl pause for thought.

There are beautiful people on both sides of this debate. There are a lot of us wobbling on the fence. What if you feel like running from the Social Media beast, but think you need to stay, or even want to on some level? I can’t deny the beautiful connections that I’ve made that wouldn’t have happened any other way and staying in touch with these Lovelies is way easier on social media. Yet I can't help wanting to make real connections, in person instead of online. What's a Soul-o-preneur to do?

Since I’m one of those on the fence, here is how I cope:

1. Limit your Social Media networks. I have accounts on just about every Social Media network, but I have 2 main players (Pinterest and Facebook). The others are minor players that I dabble in now and then. Do I have a lot of followers on them…no. That’s okay. I’d rather have 10 engaged people than 1,000s with whom I can’t connect on a personal level. That’s just me.

2. Limit your time on Social Media. I post in the morning, check in at the end of the day, and pin in the evening. That’s the strategy that works best for me. I spend less than 30 minutes on any given day on Social Media. I've tried using Hootsuite, but it's one more thing on my plate and feels like it's taking me farther from my tribe, not closer.

3. Find the network that shows a return on your investment. Your investment can be time, too. Look at how much time you're spending on social media. Are you getting a return on that investment? How is your investment best spent? Are you gaining clients and customers from a particular social media network? Go with that one! Are you engaging and connecting with your customers and clients on a particular network? That's the one for you.

4. Organize your efforts. If you are limiting your networks and your time, you’ll need to organize your marketing efforts for each network. This includes what you are going to post, when you’re going to post, and how often you’re going to post. Having a posting strategy will help you organize. Remember that you want to add value and be of service. You aren’t just selling your products and services or posting nonsense (unless that’s your brand).

5. Focus on the networks that add value to your life. Keep in mind Ease and Joy! Each network will have it’s advantages and disadvantages. Focus your efforts on the networks where your tribe is hanging out the most and where you connect with them on a consistent basis. And really, which one or two do you enjoy the most?

I know how tough it can be in social media land. I feel your struggles and know your pain. And as simply a way to connect with all of you... Here is a free interactive social media organization tool that you can download.  Tell me in the comments below… what social media networks do you get the most enjoyment out of?

No comments:

Post a Comment