Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, January 7, 2016

5 Things I Learned From the Money-makers

5 Things I Learned from the Money-Makers. Buffalo = Abundance

Lately, I have been seeing an over-abundance of promises on the Web on how someone doubled their income, quit their full-time job to blog, made 5-figures in one month blogging, or doubled their page views in two days? I've been wondering: If there are so many people doing this, what am I doing wrong? And not just that, but if there are so many people making that much money, why is everyone still living paycheck to paycheck, or hoping someone buys their product so they can eat next month, or taking all of these classes about making more money or growing your email list. Why isn't it happening for everyone across the board?

Alright I admit, I've clicked on a lot of these promises and taken a boatload of classes. Hell, I want to make 5 figures in one month. There is a lot of good I could do in the world with that kind of moola. However, what I've found in reading their information is nothing. They skirt around the subject, but don't really tell you how they did it or the formulas for "success" didn't work for my business. I don't want to be a Negative Nellie or project anything on anyone, but I'm a bit skeptical. The business owners who are actually making that kind of money aren't telling everyone that they're making that kind of money, even if they are business coaches! Just sayin'.

I'm beginning to think that it's a numbers game, "I have the latest get rich quick scheme." Is it all about the money or the people you serve? Can it be both? I want more real and honest communication around business, especially from a soulful perspective...or am I the only one?


So, here's what I've learned from the money-makers:


1. You are your own best business adviser. There are a lot of promises being made out in the cyber world without a lot of actual information or results. You know what your business needs and how you need to make it happen. If you don't, check with your Spirit Guides and your Higher Self. You might need support or advice, but that's different.
2. There is no secret formula to making a lot of money. It takes hard work...and a lot of it. It's kind of like losing weight. It's very individual, as it should be! There is no one-size-fits-all formula to success, and success is going to look different to different people.
3. Where's the soul? Making promises might get your numbers up, but what about the rest of it? Personally, I'd rather have 10 people who are soulfully engaged then 100 who barely participate with my content.
4. Your business is as individual as you are. As soul-o-preneurs (solo and soulful business owners), each of us is our business. It's a magical combination of who we are and what we do. It's not that you can't make that kind of money (if that's what you desire), but the way you go about it will be very different. Honor that difference and do it your own way.
5. There is nothing wrong with you or your business. The Comparison Saboteur can be a real bitch! Don't give in to comparing your business with anyone else. Find your way. Find ease. Find simplicity. Find the passion that got you rockin' and rollin' in the first place. Speak your truth. Call in the people who need you and your services, but be very specific.


Tweet: "Words create the magic of physical wo-manifestation."

I was having a conversation with Nissa Howard at Soul Craft about this very thing the other day. Here is what we came up with: The numbers (left-brain thinking and doing) are important, but your creations and offerings (right-brain creative ideas and being) are just as important. You can't have one without the other. In the middle of the road is your intuition, how you show up in the world as your authentic self. Then, you also have your Sabotuers (Doubt, Comparison, Fear, Overwhelm, etc) that are signposts for your business. You have to embrace all of this in a soulful business, like the Knights of the Round Table of Business. The rest will come. Don't get caught up in the hype. You're doing fine.

Letting my worth and the way I feel about myself get caught up in the numbers is unacceptable. So, for the next 30 days I'm going on a numbers sabbatical. I won't look at who is visiting my blog, website, or social media pages. I won't look to see who is subscribing or unsubscribing from my newsletter. I'll focus on my content, my planning for 2016, and my soul work. Let's try removing the numbers from how we show up in the world.
 
Would you like to join me in this challenge? Put a comment below if you're with me.


And if you need some support for you or your business, check out the Wise Woman Society. We're pioneering a new, holistic, and sacred way of doing business.

3 comments:

  1. I'll join you! I need to repattern my relationship with my business numbers and get more intimate with the essence of my business so I can see/hear/feel what it has to say so I can say it in this world. And I will add that I plan to not shame or blame my lil' demons of doubt and comparison...they are just wounded aspects of a powerful potential within me and I will love the crap out of them and listen to them with my sacred ears....this has proven to me to be a very helpful tool in transforming doubt into desire to do well, and comparison into the desire to be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join you!! This year spirit has embarked me on a journey to discover my authentic self. All the parts of me that I have been running from, denying or masking for years now. that means my business too because my business is growing out of my authentic self. there has been a major change in my business and in myself as a result of this. i have been digging deep and letting owl scratch deeper. i have been understanding, forgiving and embracing huge loads of compassion for myself and others too. It is painful and beautiful!! releasing and glorious!! I am running out of words. but then I always knew that for me words are the worst possible means of communication. heart communication in silence works better for me. but I know that is taking place here with wise woman.
    It is definitely the soul part of my business that mattes to me now.
    yes, i join you!

    ReplyDelete