Wise Woman Alchemy

Thursday, November 12, 2015

4 Steps to Cleanse, Clear, and Release In Your Business Each Year

2015 Releasing Ritual

For more than 10 years at the end of each year, I go through a cleansing, clearing, and releasing ritual in my life and business. It is a great opportunity to reflect, re-member, and release what no longer serves. I usually take November and December to do this, so I don't feel rushed to get it all done in a week, or something silly like that. Focus on one area at a time!

Here are the 4 steps that I use:

  1. Choose an animal guide. This year my guide for reflecting, remembering, and releasing is Ibis. During a journey, Ibis explained that I needed to bring more balance into my life, revive and restore my heart and soul. Therefore, I will be working with her during this phase. You can find out more about journey work here.
  2. Cleanse, clear, and clean EVERYTHING! This means from my spiritual tools to sweeping and mopping the floor. My inner world and outer world both get a thorough going through. This includes backing up and clearing out computer files and paper files, gathering tax papers, putting old notes in a new idea journal, and feng shuiing my space. I sing the song Holy Mother that I heard from Pixie Lighthorse several years ago for all of my inner and outer cleaning. It connects me deeper to the tasks of cleansing, clearing, and cleaning.
  3. Create a Releasing Ritual Card. About five years ago, I started creating New Moon, Full Moon, and holiday (Samhain, Lammas, Solstice, etc)  Ritual Cards. On the lined side, write down what you are releasing (for the full moon), what you are calling in (for the new moon) and your hopes and dreams for the particular holiday (i.e. Lammas is all about Abundance). Then, choose images that speak to you intuitively (they don't have to make sense). Arrange them on the other side of the card and glue them down. Voila! A ritual card. I place mine on a tiny art stand that sits on my desk.
  4. The Actual Ritual. On the December Full Moon, I call in the four directions, the elements, my animal guides, and ancestors. I talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly about the previous year. I have a few laughs and a few tears as I re-member. When I feel the time is right and I'm filled with the love of Grandmother Moon, I burn my ritual cards from the previous year, any notes or ideas that no longer serve me, journals, and what ever prayers need to be sent on the wind to Great Mystery.

I've always done the Releasing Ritual alone. But over the past couple of years I have come to understand the power of community. This year the Full Moon is on December 25, 2015, and I'm having a party. Guess what?! You're invited! I'm having a Spreecast Party on December 17...(just before the Full Moon) There's no cover charge, but there will be giveaways and prizes. We'll discuss the previous year, create our Releasing Ritual card, and burn or bury what no longer serves. Read more about it here!

Won't you join me for the Releasing Ritual this year? You can sign up here!





No comments:

Post a Comment